Operational Visibility Engineer
Who we are looking for
Observability engineering team is responsible for implementation of Observability stack for monitoring the enterprise infrastructure footprint of StateStreet. Ideal candidate for this role (Observability Engineer - Logs & Metrics) is responsible for working closely with the Application and infrastructure teams to ensure that all aspects of the production infrastructure are accurately monitored and reported (alerting etc...). This role also involves writing custom collectors in Python and Go. The candidate must be a self-motivated individual with cross functional knowledge in software development, monitoring and maintenance. What you will be responsible for
As a platform engineer you will
* Design and Engineer log & metrics aggregation tool
* Configures monitoring/alerting/reporting for related to logs and metrics using tools like Elasticsearch, Splunk , Kie workbench etc.
* Performs installation and upgrade of Splunk, Splunk forwarders, Elasticsearch, logstash, beats
* Performs agent instrumentation on applications to enable 24*7 monitoring and alerting that helps AppSupport and Dev teams with actionable inputs
* Works closely with application development teams during release rollout to analyze agent performance impact and troubleshoot issues
* Guide App & QA teams to derive Performance Test Cases and perform Root Cause Analysis during Performance tests
* Makes technical recommendations on monitoring improvements (by creates Technical PoCs to demonstrate performance improvements)
* Analyzes Logs and relate it with metrics to identify root-cause of applications and provide tuning recommendations
* Work closely with delivery and operations specialists to ensure proper tuning and operation of the systems/applications
* Collaborate with Development and support teams to resolve performance related issues What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proficient in Log aggregation tools such as Splunk, Elasticsearch, logstash etc. is required
Must have working experience in at least in one of the following : Splunk dashboards or addons, Kibana dashboards or Grafana
- Proven understanding of web technologies and distributed application architecture is required
- Proven understanding of full life cycle software development methodologies is required
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex application logic flow is required
- Application Server experience with Tomcat, JBOSS required
* 5+ years of App/Infra monitoring, support and application performance management & tuning is required
* 5+ Years Proven Experience in supporting Java/J2EE/Spring technologies is required
* 3+ Experience in Python Scripting is required Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers