Senior Technical Product Manager
Provide technical expertise and leadership to dedicated product teams concerning design, build and enhancements. Ability to drive and influence internal teams and/or vendors to deliver high quality products within expected time-frames. Provide mentor ship to team (including indirect reports) and champion standard processes and procedures. Partnership with external vendors to execute on our contracts and product delivery. Accountable for the end-to-end user experience for the assigned technology asset or product. Responsibilities
Major areas of accountability:
• User Requirements ~~ Product Road Map ~~ Setting Goals ~~Subject Matter Expertise~~ User Acceptance Testing ~~ Market Intelligence ~~ Execution /Implementation Leadership, Troubleshooting and Ongoing Support, Metrics & Reporting, Business Partner Engagement, Release Implementation, Vendor Management.
• Through partnership with leaders and effective management of team(s) deliver robust product solutions while ensuring the health and stability of the products/tools. Accountable for the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality. Work with key stakeholders to develop, elaborate and clarify requirements, provide subject matter expertise in deciphering the product impact and influencing the stakeholders to reevaluate and adjust their assets or products.
• Provide thought leadership and significant influence to the continuous improvement and development of assigned technology products. Act as a subject matter expert to the business and lead research and prototyping efforts of innovative technologies and products. Lead complex product road mapping and design activities that require extensive research and analysis to guide the application development process.
• Formulate strategies and make decisions that ensure an effective roll-out and adoption of application changes and at the same time minimize disruption to the business. Maintain effective partnerships with key vendors, technology domain owners, business stakeholders and capability business architects to ensure that release time-lines and deliverables are met. May lead and oversee a small team of Product Managers that are accountable for the development of technology assets or products.
• Evaluate, troubleshoot and participate in root-cause analysis within product areas of expertise. Share in-depth knowledge of internal and external competitive products and maintain technical analysis of product strengths and weaknesses. Effectively represent and drive business priorities and strategy as decisions are being made about the product road map. Provide input into the capital expenditures related to assigned assets or products.
• Define, track and measure overall product performance, availability, usage statistics and vendor SLA metrics. Influence leaders to course correct when needed. Ensure understanding of how the tools, assets and or products are integrated into the daily practice/processes. Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable. Provide work direction, delegation and prioritization to the team. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years' experience working in a product management role or similar.
• Proven success implementing product development projects that deliver results and provide value to the business.
• Strong problem-solving skills; highly effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
• SME in product management principles and key functions.
• Ability to engage and influence internal and external business partners. Preferred Qualifications
• CPM, ACPM.
• Conceptual mind set and the ability to effectively balance short and long-term objectives.
• Experience within the financial services industry.
• Ability to lead, inspire and engage others to operate as a team.