Accounting Manager - North America
- USD120000 - USD170000 per annum + bonus + benefits
- Denville, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Pure Search
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
Reporting to the Financial Controller of North American this role is responsible for managing the financial control of, and financial reporting for, the North American business.
You are responsible for the following key areas of Financial Control:
- General Ledger Accounting which includes the preparation of a detailed set of financial statements with full reconciliations each month, ensuring compliance with all group reporting requirements and all local statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
- The role has management responsibility for a team of (4) Finance professionals covering the execution of the above responsibilities. A key component of the role with be optimizing these resources and developing high performing talent for promotion within North America and Global Group.
- Primary point of contact for accounting and reporting matters for North America and will maintain a strong relationship with the corporate headquarters in the UK.
- The role will act as a key point of contact for both the external auditors (PWC) and internal auditors and must work with them to ensure a smooth and efficient review of the NA business units.
Manage and co-ordinate the team to:
- Drive the delivery of monthly P&L, balance sheet and cash flow information in line with tight, immovable deadlines.
- Efficiently identify and resolve issues in business unit financial statements.
- Prepare / review monthly balance sheet for all NA entities with clear identification of judgemental items, including a review of the carrying value of intangible assets annually (or as required).
- Ensure appropriate accounting policies are adopted in line with the Group Finance Manual (maintained by CHQ).
- Continuously review business processes within the functional area to further add value and enhance efficiency.
- Responsible for resourcing and development of the teams.
- Responsible for statutory and other required regulatory reporting for the NA legal entities.
- Work with internal/external auditors to ensure a smooth and efficient audit of the business units; transparent collaborative approach, timely provision of information; prompt resolution
- Must have a degree in finance or accounting.
- Ideally a recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g., CPA, CMA or equivalent).
- Must have a minimum 8 years of professional corporate finance (accounting) experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IFRS and GAAP
- Knowledge of Hyperion, SAP and JDE is desirable
- Must have proven track record to deliver work on tight deadlines with ability to deliver creative solutions to complex technical accounting problems.
- Required experience in leading and motivating a team and/or direct reports
- Must be able to travel (domestic and international) as required
- International experience within a consumer goods organization is a plus