Software Engineer - Java/Spark/Big Data/Public Cloud
J.P Morgan is looking for a senior hands on full stack big data developer to contribute to our next generation big data platform on AWS. Our current platform supports complex workflows in using big data technologies including Java, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase to name a few. At end state this platform will support advanced machine learning and data sciences workloads.
This is a great opportunity to work on a large initiative with new technologies, explore open source offerings and be part of in a high energy team to build our next generation platform.
We will consider strong developers with good analytical skills and a demonstrated passion in these technologies even if you don't have experience in big data
You will be a member of an agile team working on below responsibilities
· Build core modules of the data platform including data landing, batch and streaming data ingestion and transformation engines.
· Build data transformation layers using Java/Spark/Graph databases
· Build regulatory reports based on big data technologies
· Build restful services
· Support platform in production and perform required investigate data and platform issues
· Build unit and functional test automation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Masters or Bachelors in Computer Science with 3 years experience in building applications in Java.
· Strong CS fundamentals, data structures, algorithms with good understanding of Object-Oriented Design Principles, architecture and prevalent design patterns
· Strong in Object Oriented Development and Java platform.
· Hands on experience in big data technologies including Storm or Spark, Hadoop, Kafka to name a few.
· Experience with big data technologies is a must.
· Excellent communication skills are a must for this position
· Experience with Scala and Python is a plus.
· Experience with caches, multi-threaded design principles, concurrency is a plus.
· Experience with Agile Scrum process, test driven development and continuous integration (Jenkins) is a big plus.
· Experience in public cloud and containers is a plus
· Experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
· Experience in open source projects and full stack development at startup's is a plus.
· Functional programming, lambda functions
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.