Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst - FX Trade Automation
Bloomberg is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Engineering Department and support testing Trade Automation, Order Routing and Rule Builder platforms. Rule Builder (RBLD) is what our clients use to create custom rules that help them trade more efficiently. Clients are actively looking to cut costs by switching to more automated and efficient ways of trading, and regulators are pushing for more transparency and systemic controls to prevent another financial crisis. This is a complex, real-time computation system that has the ability to merge multiple sources of data (FIX messages, market data, reference data, various benchmarks, execution and order transactional data), evaluate rules and trigger trading actions and insights in real-time. Trading automation has been on the rise in the financial industry and Rule Builder is becoming a crucial tool that Bloomberg is leveraging to ensure we are at the forefront of the new industry wave.
The QA Engineering team performs functional software testing on various Bloomberg Electronic Trading platforms which provide consolidation of trading activities across Fixed Income, ETFs and FX. You'll get a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights and perspectives on how they work, build and test software that helps shape their future success. We operate an Agile Development environment and are looking for a software tester with a passion for quality, testing software and test automation. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Build an in-depth understanding of our Trade Automation and Rule Builder workflows through heavy interaction with our QA and development teams in Princeton, New York and London.
- Incorporate and support tools that facilitate test automation in frameworks like Esprow, Cucumber, Behave and proprietary test tools.
- Select the proper technical approach to a given problem
- Adapt, contribute to and seek out latest testing and automation trends to the Bloomberg environment
- Incorporate FIX protocol in testing frameworks for integration points in and out of our systems
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, Finance or Business
- At least 3 years previous software testing with automation experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly obtain detailed knowledge of complex products and apply software test techniques for rapid production releases
- Experience with Electronic Trading or Order Management Systems
- Experience in testing FIX protocol
- FX market knowledge
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Strong MS Excel, VB Script, VB.Net, VBA
- Experience with Trade Automation
- Experience with Java Script or Python
- Experience with Cucumber
- Experience with BDD Frameworks
- Hands-on Bloomberg experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.