Alpha Business Analyst - Data / Middle & Front-Office
Who we are looking for
The State Street team is looking for a qualified professional with strong experience in project management, analysis, system flows and business architecture to support the industry's first ever front-to-back client servicing platform. The successful candidate must be highly organized and be able to move seamlessly between multiple clients and phases within the sales, due diligence and implementation lifecycles. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street Alpha.
State Street Alpha redefines the common definition of 'alpha' to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Business Analyst you will
What we value
- Assist with Client Service, Sales Support and Solution Design
- Support the delivery of cross-operations, high priority projects across all typical project phases.
- Support business analysis and requirements definition.
- Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise, conduct product presentations
- Develop sales tools and sales training material
- Track client feedback/requests and incorporate in product road map where appropriate.
- Work closely with Business, Data and Solution Architecture to ensure alignment with strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products, services and key business initiatives.
- Leverage business analysis frameworks and Business Architecture team to develop an integrated view of the business, in the context of the enterprise, and drive strategic alignment across product, platform, operational and service areas.
- Understand the firm's strategic plans, business, process and architecture and apply that knowledge in the solution design and develop.
- Work with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk, cost or service issues and generate efficiencies.
- Collaborate with other teams to share approaches, develop best practices and improve team capabilities to successfully migrate clients
- Become a product and platform SME on State Street's Alpha platform
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrate understanding of Investment Management Operations processes, technology, and procedures, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills including process analysis. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis is a must.
- Demonstrate excellent process and project management skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, balance key tasks and manage time effectively.
- Comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills.
- Extensive knowledge of State Street platforms including Alpha, Enterprise, Charles River, DataGX and RKS is desired (Internal Candidates only)
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in investment operations, project management, client implementation and/or business analysis.
- Knowledge of products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in technology strategy or in a client service or business function and / or management consulting.
- Experience with designing new solutions by analyzing requirements, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications.
- Domestic and/or international travel and flexible working hours may be required (i.e. weekend working and extended hours on occasion, linked to client assignments and project deadlines.)
- Experience with Trade Management, Derivatives or Bank Loans is a plus.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative.
- Strong Excel, Word, Power Point skills required. Visio skills preferred.
- Candidate must be self-assured and react well within critical deadline situations