Commercial Banking Strategy - Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase is seeking a Strategy Executive Director in our Commercial Banking Strategy team.
Commercial Banking (CB) is one of JPMorgan Chase's four major lines of business and serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
Commercial Banking's Strategy team is a dedicated internal strategy consulting team with the mandate to launch, design, and incubate critical strategy and business transformation efforts throughout the business , with the ultimate goal of improving our clients' experiences as well as the Commercial Banking's operating and financial performance. Typical projects are commissioned by senior C-suite executives and leaders throughout CB and focus on the bank's most urgent strategy, process reengineering, and organizational design needs.
Our team is looking for an smart strategist to join our CB Strategy family. Ideally, you'd have demonstrated experience successfully leading strategy consulting teams, exceptional senior client management and communication skills, and are someone who thrives in ambiguous, fast-paced environments.
This senior role represents an excellent opportunity for qualified candidates to:
- Own and drive 2-4 strategy consulting engagements at any given time
- Comfortably direct strategic thinking and approach, quickly identifying most critical aspects of problem and most appropriate structure on individual engagements
- Influence bank's strategic agenda by being an objective thought partner to C-suite and other senior leaders, beyond immediate scope of engagements
- Take leadership role in generating new, innovative ideas and staying abreast of market trends
- Help manage project portfolio, priorities, and demand; help create teams with right mix of skills, experience, and backgrounds for each client engagement
- Actively invest in building and developing junior consultants; support strategic career planning
- Involved in broader team efforts, including recruiting, staffing/ deployment decisions, and performance management
- Develop strong followership with junior team members who actively seek advice/ mentorship
Minimum qualifications forthis role include:
- MBA or an advanced business degree from a top-tierprogram
- 8 years of experience with a premier strategyconsulting firm or an internal consulting / corporate strategy team, including 3 years managerial experience motivating and leading high-performing teams
- Exceptionally strong client management andexecutive-level communication skills
- Familiarity with consulting toolkit / broad range ofanalytical tools and problem-solving approaches
- Strong EQ with desire to develop and mentor juniorteam members
- Demonstrated e xperience in financialservices industry strongly preferred