Reporting to the CIO, and working alongside senior Portfolio Managers, the Macro Economist/Strategist will contribute thoughtful analysis and detailed research which will inform investment decision-making, including:
• Collaborate with, and contribute to, the Portfolio Managers’ outlook and theses through in-depth analysis and research of economic and financial data;
• Analysis of economic data, macro trends and investment opportunities, providing insightful and actionable commentary to team on an ongoing basis;
• Work with quant team to develop analytical models and tools;
• Engage with external consultants and research providers to continually inform the fund’s outlook;
• Produce ongoing in-depth research on a tactical and strategic basis.
The successful candidate should possess:
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Math, Sciences or Statistics required; a PhD is strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 4+ years’ relevant experience. While experience at a leading asset manager is strongly preferred, outstanding candidates from central banks, investment banks, consultancy and research firms are also encouraged to apply.
• In-depth expertise of global financial markets and products, regulatory policy, market structure, monetary policy required.
• A high degree of technical aptitude with advanced econometric modeling skills and programming skills in, ie: Eviews, Matlab, Python, R, Stata.
• Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills, with the ability to operate seamlessly between quant and investment professionals.
• Confidence; the ability to articulate and defend an opinion or position.
• A passion for economics combined with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and meticulous attention to detail.
For more information and a conversation in confidence please apply with your CV.