Principal Infrastructure Capacity Manager
Our Team TechnologyServices Group (TSG)
provides reliable, resilient,next-generation enterprise technology infrastructure and support that enablesBNY Mellon employees to deliver the whole firm to their colleagues and clientsaround the world. We are continuously improving automation and bridging the gapbetween cost, customer needs, and innovative tools to ensure the best possibleexperience. The Role
The Principal Infrastructure Capacity Manage
r is a subject matter expertresponsible for supporting development, implementation, mentoring, and maintenanceof the firm's Demand Management process including training, requirementsmanagement/testing, and contributing to development of strategic solutions. KeyResponsibilities:
- Implements Capacity Managementoperating model, processes, and procedures to deliver adequate capacity in a timelymanner.
- Defines, tracks, and controlsIT service capacity on the component level to ensure service delivery is readyto meet the demands of capacity at agreed performance levels.
- Manages and monitors capacityof the components of the IT Infrastructure that make up each Service to ensurethat collectively these components have the capacity to support both currentand future IT Services to the level demanded by the service level agreements.
- Conducts baseline and trendanalysis for the capacity, utilization, and performance of individual ITcomponents and enterprise applications. Data is collected, recorded, andanalyzed for use in the Capacity Plan.
- Using Change Management processwhile working with the IT support teams to ensure implementation of the chosencapacity tuning solutions.
- Hold Demand Management SMEsaccountable to ensure that demand forecasting describing the estimatedcomponent requirements over established periods is actionable, prioritized, andcontinually optimized.
- In collaboration with technicaland business SMEs - maintain and update Capacity Management standards, policy,tools, processes, reporting, and RACI to achieve operational excellence.
- Recommends required quantitiesand type of infrastructure to be purchased as well as their proposed placementin order to meet upcoming demand.
Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Application development/support and container technology experience is a plus.
- Understands how to standardize and operate consistent stage-gate processes.
- Passionate about data analysis and reporting.
- Able to gather and analyze large amounts of data, extract insights and effectively communicate to enable management decisions.
- Process orientation with the ability to perceive and proactively mitigate upstream and downstream dependencies/impacts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work across technical and non-technical domains, specifically IT operations and finance teams.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: