- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 17
Location: New York, NY, USA• Manage the successful delivery of Moody's IT (MIT) project solutions to our business customers, by leading
the project team and supporting the IT and Business Executives. Project Budgets up to $1M. The projects
are moderately complex.
• Manage the deliverables, processes, and artifacts to ensure adherence to MIT Enterprise Project Governance
such as MIT Investment Framework, Estimation, Purchasing, Portfolio & Resource Management, Planning,
Scheduling, Execution, Development Methodologies, Risk Management, Quality & Process Control, Change
Management, Project Completion/Closeout, Status Reports, Presentations, Training Plans and Transition to
• Manage Stakeholders expectations. Facilitate scope definition. Drive project team and Executives to make
decisions in a timely manner in order to deliver project as to agreed schedule and within budget.
• Accountable for active facilitation of issue resolution, risk mitigation, change management and process
definition where there might be ambiguity.
• Facilitate Estimation and Planning sessions. Bring in SME's when appropriate.
• Create and manage overall project plan, issue and risk mitigation. Working with the Development and QA
manager, create the plan utilizing iterative development (RUP, Agile).
• Understand the importance and ensure project team dedication to data integrity within the MIT project,
resource & development tool sets to track project and provide reporting. Working with team and SME's,
ensure tool alignment to methodology and develop operational efficiencies utilizing the MIT tool sets.
• Create and provide comprehensive written and verbal communication statuses such as key finances,
deliverables, risks, issues, resource plans as requested, for ad hoc and regularly scheduled sessions such as
CIO Watch List, IT Executive Council and Board of Directors. Modify communications based on audience
• Manage effective communication within the team by being respectful, treating individuals reasonably, building
productive working relationships, and engaging people in participative planning and problem solving.
• Ensure project team records all labor actuals in Resource Management System.
• Provide on time monthly and quarterly sign off on all MIT Financial Governance articles.
• 'Lead by example'. Build a reputation as a positive problem solver who collaborates in a constructive manner
to create iterative improvements for operational efficiencies within the position or project team. Demonstrates
• Provide timely monthly and quarterly sign off on all MIT Financial Governance articles and successfully pass
all SQA, Internal, and SOX Controls.
• 'Manage Up', and deliver results to Organizational Manager as well as IT Project Executive. Exhibit behavior
of anticipating needs of Management and of the team and owning the deliverable through execution.
• Be conscious of team behavior and contribute constructive feedback to line managers for annual
Scope/Supervision and Interaction
• Manages project team(s), Associate Project Manager(s) depending on the projects assigned.
• Directly responsible to MIT Executive in charge of IT project.
• Directly responsible to Organizational Manager and may have assigned responsibilities and deliverables from Manager which are not related to assigned project.
• Promotes interaction within the project team, including MIT, Business Executives and End Users plus other
MCO departments or organizations in order to execute project.
• Interaction with external vendors, consultants (on and off shore).
• Interaction with members of the Organizational team
Ratings Systems Discovery
- Minimum education and work experience required for position includes:
- 5 years project and software development lifecycle experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- BS or BA degree, preferably in technology/business or equivalent.
- PMP certification preferred or acceptance from PMI to attain PMP certificate within 90 days of hire or transfer.
- Solid and demonstrated understanding of the Project Lifecycle and its inherent responsibilities such as estimation, funding, development, QA, budget responsibilities, risk mitigation and project metrics. Proven ability and reputation to lead a project team from concept to completion within agreed schedule and budget.
- Customer Focus in delivering solutions. Ability to manage Stakeholder expectations.
- Previous and demonstrated experience with Software Development methodologies (RUP, Agile) within a project context.
- Knowledge and practical experience with project estimation methodologies.
- Basic understanding of project financials.
- Proven ability to multi-task and 'manage up' in a complex environment. Deliver results with changing priorities and ad hoc deliverables within tight timeframes utilizing individual contributions and within a team concept.
- Ability to understand the importance of following MIT Governance processes; capturing and maintaining updated metrics for reporting within a project, resource and development tools. Ability to create, analyze and present comprehensive commentary on project metrics.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills. Ability to present project status to various levels of personnel. Solid use of Microsoft Office applications to enhance project deliverables and attain results.
- Strong & proven positive leadership skills in words, actions, results. Lead and embrace change and operational efficiencies within the position and project team context.
- Ability to follow and execute directives of Manager(s); anticipating the needs of the manager and of the team.
- Provide solutions; own and execute.
- Ability to facilitate and negotiate interpersonal or inter-team conflict sessions.
- Ability to proactively create clarity where ambiguity exits.
- Conscientious of team behavior and ability to contribute constructive feedback to Organizational managers for annual Performance Evaluations.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.