Senior Software Engineer - Compliance Platform
You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications and trading platforms.
That's where Bloomberg Compliance comes in. Comprised of Bloomberg Vault Archive and Bloomberg Surveillance, Bloomberg Vault provides a single platform for compliant storage and reconstruction of our customer's communication, collaboration, and financial transaction data. More than 1,000 organizations use Bloomberg Vault to manage and archive their enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects, and we are looking to grow significantly in the next two years.
Bloomberg's Surveillance Platform is a mission critical product used by key risk owners and compliance officers globally to meet the strict regulatory requirements in the financial world. At its core is a policy-driven engine capable of evaluating communications content and metadata in real-time and identifies interactions that would fall into questionable behavior on clients and custom reports. The engine is deployed on Vault's private cloud and is capable of processing tens of thousands of events per second as they are meticulously designed using high performance frameworks: Storm, Kafka, Spark, and Redis among others.
As part of our team, you will be responsible for the Surveillance real-time policy engine and all capture systems for live traffic from Bloomberg Terminal communications and ingested third party content (emails, instant messages, social media feed, etc). Our truly unique role is building sophisticated preventative analytics (e.g. anti-money laundering, bribery, etc.) over enterprise wide communications, while using advanced techniques in ML and NLP fields in our engines. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Passion for building robust, scalable, and maintainable distributed systems
- 5+ years' experience in Java or Scala and in fine tuning JVM for performance
- 5+ years' experience instrumenting and monitoring large-scale real time systems
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Domain knowledge in electronic communication platforms and data models
- Track record of improving developer experience pushing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience with open source big data techs (Storm, Spark, HDFS, Kafka, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience deploying Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing pipelines to process data
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.