Sr. DevOps Engineer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Technology Cloud Operations Lead to support, maintain, and enhance technology public cloud systems that power PIMCO's platform globally. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter and a team player having a passion for system monitoring, software engineering and building automation. The candidate works well under pressure, possesses strong communication & technical skills, adaptable to change, and demonstrates great aptitude to learn new technologies. RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will be part of the team that provides uninterrupted support to various business units for leading-edge proprietary trading platform, risk management system, and portfolio management reporting framework. The Technology Cloud Operations Lead will contribute to longer-term technical projects, process improvement and documentation effort while ensuring that a variety of projects are supported using industry best practices. The candidate will evaluate and make recommendations to improve system availability, capacity planning, and performance tuning. Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of technical experience responsible for critical systems & operations
- At least 5 years of technical experience supporting native cloud infrastructure & applications
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Effective design, project management, analytical, troubleshooting, influencing and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of various cloud solutions & providers (AWS experience is a plus)
- Strong understanding of cloud monitoring, log aggregation, and escalation best practices
- Strong understanding of infrastructure configuration management (Chef experience is a plus)
- Advanced Python scripting ability
- Strong understanding of UNIX system administration and automation
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and applications
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills and possess strong problem solving, analytical, time management skills.
- Experience analyzing and resolving performance, scalability and reliability issues
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office